@Alyssawestring on the bridge between parents and leaders in the age #FutureofWork #Work2dot0
In this podcast, Alyssa Westring discussed the relation between parents and leaders. She deciphered how parenting and leadership development are related. She explained her book, “Parents who LEAD.” In the age of work2.0, when work and life are not treated as two sides of the same coin, but they are integrated.
Alyssa’s Recommended Read:
Unfinished Business: Women Men Work Family by Anne-Marie Slaughter https://amzn.to/2wFoYi7
Parents Who Lead: The Leadership Approach You Need to Parent with Purpose, Fuel Your Career, and Create a Richer Life by Stewart D. Friedman, Alyssa F. Westring https://amzn.to/2w7corA
Alyssa Westring is the Vincent de Paul Associate Professor of Management and Entrepreneurship at DePaul University’s Driehaus College of Business. She earned her Ph.D. in organizational psychology from Michigan State University in 2007. She is the Director of Research for Total Leadership. In addition to her research on work-life topics, she is a scholar of women’s careers and leadership. She is an award-winning educator and DePaul’s inaugural Presidential Fellow. Westring lives in Chicago and has two young children. Her TEDx talk, “The Secret Life of a Work-Life Insider,” is about motherhood, and the Time magazine cover story she was interviewed for was about millennial parents.
Some Questions we talked about:
- Explain your journey to your current role?
- Could you share something about your current position?
- What does your company do?
- Why write this book?
- What is the underlying premise behind this book?
- We often ask anyone seeking a leadership lesson, to have kids, what do you think?
- What are some takeaways from the book?
- Who is this book for?
- What were some aha moments in writing this book?
- What is the biggest myth you want to break with this book?
- What is the single most important message you want to communicate via this book?
- What are some success stories/case studies?
- What is some failure that we should learn from?
- What are 1-3 best practices that you think is the key to success in your journey?
- Do you have any favorite read?
- As a closing remark, what would you like to tell our audience?
Work 2.0 Podcast is created to spark the conversation around the future of work, worker, and workplace. The world’s leading practitioners, influencers, authors, academicians, entrepreneurs, and leaders are stepping up to add their thoughts to the conversation. The podcast is created to help professionals navigate their career journeys through transformative times. This podcast invite movers and shakers in the industry who are shaping or helping us understand the transformation in work.
If you or any you know wants to join in,
Register your interest by emailing: email@example.com
Want to sponsor?
Email us @ firstname.lastname@example.org