In this session, Gloria Feldt, Co-founder and president of Take The Lead, talks about her experience in managing and promoting a diverse workplace. She also talks about her best selling book, Intentioning, explaining some of the important concepts therein.
Gloria Feldt is an acclaimed expert on women, power, and leadership with frontline leadership experience, a bestselling author, and an in-demand keynote speaker. She is co-founder and president of Take The Lead, whose mission reflects her life’s passion: to prepare, develop, inspire, and propel women to take their fair and equal share of leadership positions across all sectors by 2025 by providing breakthrough training, mentoring, and coaching role modeling, and thought leadership. She is the bestselling author of five books; No Excuses: 9 Ways Women Can Change How We Think About Power, plus her own real-world experience, forms the core of Take The Lead’s programs. Her newest book Intentioning: Sex, Power, Pandemics, and How Women Will Take The Lead is available for presale from your favorite bookseller and will be in bookstores by September 28, 2021.
0:58 Gloria’s journey.
6:21 Reason for lack of gender diversity in workplaces.
12:34 How can women be more employable?
16:50 Tips to creating a diverse, inclusive workforce.
21:15 How can women break into leadership positions?
25:20:00 Role models for women leadership.
31:17:00 Where does gender diversity begin in an organization?
35:05:00 Steps to put gender diversity into practise.
40:25:00 On “Take the Lead” organization.
45:55:00 Building a cohort for professional support.
54:02:00 Defining intentioning.
58:48:00 The ideal reader for “Intentioning”
1:01:21 Rapid fire.
1:06:38 Gloria’s success mantra.
1:08:37 Gloria’s favorite reads.
1:11:06 Closing remarks.
Some questions we covered:
Stage 1: Lead-in
- Starter: Give your starter pitch 1 point that this book points to:
- Vishal briefly introduce guest
Stage 2: Subject Matter Expertise
- What is the state of women today at the workplace?
- How are some companies doing it well?
- What are some common misconceptions that businesses have about equality?
- What is the best way to address the diversity gap for businesses?
- What is the role of leadership in diversity?
Stage 3: Introduction as an author
- Why write Intentioning?
- What are some surprises you found while writing Intentioning?
- What are some quick fixes you could recommend to fix women-men engagements at the workplace?
- How are women and men socialized differently around power and intention and why does that matter?
- What’s the difference between ambition and intention?
- Why did you come out of what could have been a comfortable semi-retirement to start to Take The Lead? How is it different from other women’s leadership programs?
- You say that racial and gender justice have to go forward together. What do you mean by that?
- In your Newsweek article recently, you said that this pandemic which has set women back by 10 years or more is actually the greatest opportunity we will ever have to move forward faster to gender parity. Why do you believe that?
- What is something you want the readers to take away from Intentioning?
Stage 4: Rapid Fire [Say what comes to your mind]
17 a. #Diversity
17 b. #Equity
17 c. #FutureOfWork
17 d. #Growth
17 e. #Culture
17 f. #Empathy
17 g. #FutureofDiversity
17 h. #JobsOfFuture
17 i. #Disruption
17 j. #FutureofOrganization
Stage 5: Closing
- What are 1-3 best practices that you think are the key to success in your journey?
- Do you have any favorite read?
- As a closing remark, what would you like to tell our audience?
TAO is building the World’s largest and AI-powered Skills Universe and Community powering career development platform empowering some of the World’s largest communities/organizations. Learn more at https://TAO.ai
Work Pod takes you on the journey with leaders, experts, academics, authors, and change-makers designing the future of work, workers, and the workplace.
WorkPod is managed by Work2.org, a #FutureOfWork community for HR and Organization architects and leaders.
Sponsorship / Guest Request should be directed to email@example.com
FutureofWork #Work2.0 #Work2dot0 #Leadership #Growth #Org2dot0 #Work2 #Org2